1. In the British era, how was the District Collector more powerful than the present day Collector?
- At that time the District Officer also had new rights.
- Acted as the revenue officer of the District Officer in the British period.
- Functions of District Officer at present time
- Administration of the district
- As the head of the District Planning Council
- As the head of the District Disaster Management Committee
- In implementing welfare programs in the district
- Towards public relations as a representative of the government
- As District Election Officer
- Working as District Census Officer
- Manage the public distribution system in a systematic manner
- In implementing the district’s welfare programs
2. Is the district administration due to it being the administrative unit of India?
- District of the unit of regional administration.
- The district administration functions as a liaison between the citizens and the government.
- It has existed since ancient times.
- 3. The importance of the Collector in modern times has reduced compared to the British period.
- Due to the constitutional recognition of the role of local bodies in decentralization planning.
4. Correct statement about the Collector
- The District Magistrate presents the annual administrative report of the district.
- He serves as the coordinator of the State Election Commissioner at the time of election.
- The District Magistrate is the head of the District Census Officer at the time of census.
5. The District Collector of India has to perform many duties and responsibilities.
- As District Administration
- As District Judge
6. Correct statement
- As District Census Officer, the District Magistrate is responsible for the census work in the district once in 10 years.
- Approval of many types of licenses is not the job of District Magistrate.
7. Functions of District Officer as a Collector
- Government property management
- Approve land revenue work
8. Correct statement
- The Collector of India as the Collector takes relief measures in disasters like fire, drought, flood etc.
- Assesses and presents relief of crop losses to national plagues.
- Also performs the task of liberating prisoners on the parale.
- Prisoners can be released before the end of their sentence.
- Board of Revenue – 1786
- Municipal Corporation – 1687
- Divisional Commissioner – 1829
- Collector – 1772
10. The structure of district administration is organized into a philanthropic act.
- District level administrative headquarters
- Subdivision headquarters elsewhere
11. Correct statement
- The District Officer is responsible for providing relief work in times of disasters.
- District Collector was made the Chairman of District Disaster Management under Disaster Management Act 2005.
- The Panchayat Officer decides to recommend schemes for forest development.
- Creates the development plan of the district through the Planning Committee as District Development Officer.
12. Three levels of officers of District Administration are found, fall under the first level.
- District Agricultural Officer
- District Revenue Officer – Tamil Nadu
- Additional District Magistrate – Uttar Pradesh
- District Development Officer – Gujarat
- Chief Executive Officer – Maharashtra
14. What was the lacchina pattern done by the then Collector of Ahmednagar in 1984?
- Simplifying the office process in which files and records are easily available.
- Its main objective is to fulfill the responsibility of the district administration.
15. About Sarkaria Commission
- All administrative development related to the district will be under the control of this executive officer.
- Recommended to create the post of Chief Executive Officer at district level in Ashok Mehta Committee.
16. Correct statement
- The term district is derived from Latin language.
- The first use of the term district was in the year 1776.
- On 2 October 1980, a new program called Integrated Development Program was launched across the country aimed at the welfare of people living below the poverty line.
- The District Rural Development Agency constituted at the district level is headed by the Collector in each district.
17. About District Rural Development Agency (DRDA)
- The District Rural Development Agency program was started from 1 April 1999.
- This includes strengthening rural development and making them more professional in their work.
- The District Rural Development Agency has a full-time executive officer, usually senior Indian Administrative Service officer before the State Administrative Service.
- The District Rural Development Agency has to send the details to the state government through the prescribed procedure.
- Assam – North Kakhar hill district
- Meghalaya – Tripura Tribal Area District
- Tripura – Khasi Hill District
- Mizoram – Chakma District
19. Correct statement
- District Industries Center is not a technical arm of DRDA.
- Guarantee has been given to provide employment for 150 days in MNREGA.
- Garo Hill District – Meghalaya
- Mara District – Mizoram
- Tripura Tribal Area District – Tripura
- Karbi Anglong District – Assam