41. Who is responsible for adhering to the business rules of the State Government in India? – Chief Secretary of the State Government
- The Chief Secretary is called the axis of administration of the state.
- The Chief Secretary is responsible for the operation and efficiency of the entire administrative work of his state.
42. There is a formal means of government communication between the Secretary to the Government of India and the State Administration. – Chief Secretary
- The Chief Secretary is the main medium of contact and communication between his central government and other state governments.
- The Chief Secretary also acts as the spokesperson of the State Government.
- Chief Secretary is the senior most public servant of the state government.
43. Who has the same authority as Chief Secretary – Secretary to the Government of India
44. Some state governments have cabinet level ministers and state ministers as well as additional parliamentary secretaries. These parliamentary secretaries are members of the state legislature and who appoints them – the governor
45. There is a formal channel of official dialogue between any Secretary to the Government of India and the State Administration – Chief Secretary
46. On whose recommendation the post of Chief Secretary of the state was brought before the post of Secretary to the Government of India in the year 1973 – Central Administrative Reforms Commission
47. About Chief Secretary of State
- He is the Secretary of the Board of Ministers of State.
- He is the head of the civil services of the state.
- He is the Prime Minister of the Chief Minister of the state.
48. Work of the State Secretariat
- To assist and advise Ministers in formulation of public policies.
- Coordinate various developmental tasks.
- To outline legislative proposals.
49. In the administration of the State Secretariat, all the files going to the Cabinet are ultimately required to go through it – Chief Secretary
50. The main function of the secretariat of a state government is to assist in the – formulation of policy and its implementation.
51. Work of the State Secretariat
- To assist the Minister in policy formulation.
- To act as a medium of communication.
- Drafting of legislation to be presented in the legislature.
52. In the Department of State Secretariat, which department is headed by ‘Special Category Kalok Sevak? – Public Works Department
53. Definition of State Secretariat – The administrative body which is working to provide necessary administrative support and consultation to the Chief Minister and members of his Council of Ministers at the state level, is known as the ‘State Secretariat’.
54. Directorate in State Administration – is an executive agency
- The state secretariat is the staff agency while the directorate is the line agency
- The State Secretariat is concerned with policy formulation and implementation of Directorate policy.
- Directorate is also called executive department which is completely different from secretariat departments.
55. A directorate in the state administration has the main responsibility – to implement policies.
56. Under the state administration, the head of the directorates is mostly called by which name – Director
- The head of the directorate is a director.
- Director – Additional Director – Joint Director – Deputy Director – Assistant Director
57. Why were the Directorates in the State Administration set up to give the – opinion of technical experts to the departments?
- Head of the Directorate oversees the work done by the staff in the department at the district level
- The head of the directorate exercises disciplinary powers over its subordinate staff.
58. Work of Directorate of States
- Executing government policies
- Control of regional agency
- Options for collecting data for this process
59. Legislature includes
- Governor, Assembly, Legislative Council, Chief Minister
60. Correct statement
- Ordinary Bill can be re-established in any House of the State Legislature.
- It can be offered by a minister or non-official member.
- No bill in the Constitution provides for a joint sitting of the two houses of the Legislature on a draft.
- Money Bill can be re-established only in Vidhan Sabha and not in Legislative Council.