Introduction to Public Administration (Part – 1)
21. Who said that the administrative process is universal in relation to the importance of public administration? – Henry Fayol
- Administrative process is a worldwide process and hence the discovery of the study of public administration becomes an essential element in modern times.
22. “Both the politician and the administration are busy in the business of the government and their paths transgress each other.” – Chapman
23. Political administration is not a scholar related to duality – J. D. Millet
24. Managerialism is characterized by – New Public Management
25. Whose book is related to ‘republic’ rule – Plato
- In his famous treatise ‘Republic’, Plato creates an ideal state which is in the hands of philosophical administrators.
- According to Plato, the state can achieve its ideal form only when it is in the hands of the ruling, efficient, knowledgeable and selfless non-Indian rulers.
- At the time of Plato, Athens was suffering from the defects of the Sparta military system of democracy and the Syracuse autocratic system.
- Rulers were ignorant, selfish and narrow minded.
- According to Plato, only the learned and the virtuous should be made the ruler.
26. In which book is the word ‘governance’ mentioned? – Jataka stories
- Jataka tales, Shanti Parva of Mahabharata, Ashtadhyayi of Panini, Aitareya Brahmana, Nitisara of Shukracharya, Kautilya is also mentioned about governance in economics.
- The word governance is derived from the Greek verb Kubernas meaning operational and was first used by Plato in a symbolic form.
27. Types of Governance are included – Project Governance
- Corporate governance, e-governance, information technology governance, democratic governance good governance, participatory governance, non-profit governance
- The World Bank has influenced three specific aspects of governance.
- Type of political power
- The process of using power to manage the country’s economic and social resources for development
- The ability of the government to structure programs for policy making and implementation
- Governance in general has three major ways
- Involving the Network of Public Private Partnership (PPP) or through partnership with community organizations
- Using market processes where resources are allocated to competitive policies of the market, working under government regulations.
- Through the top down method which mainly consists of Governments and State bureaucrats.
- Which time period is related to interdisciplinary study of public administration? – Year 1947-1970
- Identity crisis in public administration (1948–70)
- Identity crisis arose due to political administration denying division.
- Due to this division, some scholars returned to politics and some to administrative science.
- John M’Goss and Rossky Martin returned to politics while Herbert Simon turned to administration.
- The following types of changes occurred in the rise of public administration and identity crisis.
- The rise of neo-human approaches supported by Chris Arganis, Douglas McGregor, Rensis Likard, Warren Bennis and others
- Development of comparative public administration
- Study of Riggs’s environmental approach
- Invention of the concept of development by Riggs and Widner.
- Rise of neo-public administration
- Advocacy of public selection approach by Vincent Ostrem
28. Public and private administration show the most equality.
- In business of private and public corporations
- Political character
29. An anti-principle non-direct plaintiff is considered to be anti-hierarchy – development administration
30. Who is the dominant model in public administration – Weber’s model
- Max Weber’s important books
- The protest ethics and spirit of capitalism (1905)
- The religion of China (1916)
- The Religion of India (1916)
- Economy and Society (1921)
- The city (1921)
- Sociology of religion (1922)
- General Economic history (1927)
- Max Weber on the methodology of the social science (1941)
- The theory of social and economic organization 1927)
31. Public administration is particularly different from private administration in its work for which one? – red tape
32. Which scholar is widely known because from his published book, public administration began to get educational recognition as an academic discipline? – Leonard D. White
33. Who says that people are involved in the administration of executive branch only in government? – Luther Gulick
- According to Luther Gulick, “Public administration in its true sense is that part of administrative science which is primarily concerned with the executive part of the government, where the government functions primarily and includes problems related to the legislature and the judiciary. it occurs.”
34. Who among the thinkers does not consider public administration as science? – Robert Dahl
- According to Robert Dahl, “Unless the study of public administration is comparative, the claim to make it a science will only be baseless.”
35. What is the concern of new public administration – price, change, relevance
36. The specialty of public administration of the period after 1970 is – Value Free
37. Who has been described as anti-theistic, anti-positivist and anti-hierarchical. – New Public Administration
38. “Public administration is characterized by red tape while private administration is independent of it.” Whose statement is this – Herbert Simon
- According to Simon, “Public administration refers to the executive branch of central provincial and local governments.”
39. The state is omnipresent, today no part is untouched by which concept does this statement indicate? – Welfare State
- Public welfare objectives and spread of democracy have increased the functions of public administration in these two things.
40. Essential elements of administration is
- stated goals
- team play
- to occupy